Sign up Latest Topics

  Author   Comment  

Posts: 76
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi I used to see **Consultant now retired. Have seen another one, but his PA never picks up, very hard to get an appointment and he doesn't use the London clinic and the labs they do use just aren't as good.

Would like to find someone 

  • central london
  • you can get hold of the assistant and get an appointment immediately
  • they test for all bacteria e.g. ureaplasma
  • has a nice non patronising manner
You'd think it would be easy living in London!

Thanks all

**Mod removed name of Consultant as names not allowed on this Forum**

Posts: 1,164
Reply with quote  #2 

I'm afraid if you are looking for comprehensive testing then you will need to look at one of the two specialists that treat for embedded bacterial infections. One of them is based in London but is not based at the London Clinic. His secretary is very good and he sees both private and NHS patients. He offers a sediment culture which is simply not available on the NHS.

The majority of specialists in and around Harley Street use a certain laboratory that simply does not offer the extensive testing you seek. Until microscopy testing both on the NHS and privately is changed, then low grade, embedded bacterial infections will not be detected in standard 48 hour testing.

If you call the COB office on Monday they can provide full contact details for this professor.

Good luck

Posts: 76
Reply with quote  #3 

Thanks you used to be able name check doctors on here…guessing now you cant


Posts: 1,962
Reply with quote  #4 
Hello Sharon.
"Thanks you used to be able name check doctors on here…guessing now you cant"

I understand many years ago, it may have been.
Now as Susan mentioned you can always contact the COB office or e. mail Members direct

This in the Forum etiquette.

Forum Etiquette.

No advertising allowed. Advertisers must contact COB Foundation.
1. Do not name your consultant/medical advisor on the forums due to legal reasons. An exchange of this type of information can be done via email. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This Forum is provided by Bladder Health UK and is intended as a place for Sufferers of Interstitial Cystitis, Bacterial Cystitis and Over Active Bladder, together with their family & friends to gather, online in a positive exchange.

BHUK is not a medical body & do not claim to have medical knowledge. It is not the intention of BHUK to provide specific medical advice, but to provide users with information to better understand their health & to manage their suffering.

Specific medical advice will not be provided & BHUK strongly advises that you consult your GP/Consultant/Urologist for professional advice.

We would hope that users of these forums will conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner. Any conduct not consistent with this standard will be deleted immediately and the poster may be restricted and/or terminated without warning.