Originally Posted by sigma
In October 2012, I had my prostate removed via (Keyhole Prostatectomy), prior to my operation i did visit the toilet 2 or 3 times per night, but never diagnosed with an OAB. Since the operation my bladder has gone crazy, on average i now visit the toilet 14 times per day (not allowed any quality sleep)
1) In January 2014, I had a special bladder x-ray (urodynamics) and diagnosed as OAB
2) In September 2014, I had 10* (100 units) of botulium intoxin injections (botox) into my bladder to calm it down, but didn't work
3) In March 2015, I had stronger dose of 10* (200 units) of botulium intoxin injections, they also didn't work
4) In November 2015, I had another special bladder x-ray (urodynamics) and this time, diagnosed with a "sensory bladder disorder"
5) In December 2015, I had an Ambulatory Urodynamics and awaiting results
apart from everything, I've also been left with severe incontinence since my operation, using 8 pads per day. I was 54 yrs old when i had the operation.
I'm posting this message in search of any male, who perhaps suffered with an OAB prior to an Open Prostatectomy or Keyhole Prostatectomy, and as to what symptoms resulted since (have they been similar?), whether negative or positive, and have had any further surgery? Thanks