Register Latest Topics

  Author   Comment  

Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #1 

I'm a cystitis sufferer and have found these boards incredibly helpful, but I'm here for someone else this time! 

My boyfriend is 23 and suffering from OAB badly. He goes to the toilet about 4 times a night and probably about 15- 20 times a day. He's under the care of a urologist but he's getting frustrated as all the treatment courses have been ineffective so far and Diffundox has had some not-very-nice side effects! 
Once thing he has noticed is that the OAB began a couple of years ago when he slightly hurt/knocked out his hip. He notices he feels a pressure on his bladder when his hip is playing up and vice versa. When he jogs he can feel exacerbated need to wee too. I'm wondering whether the two are connected and people online seem to support this. He's mentioned this to his doctor but it's been dismissed. 
Could physio or a chiropractor be of help here?

Any help & advice appreciated, I feel so sorry for him at the moment [frown] 

Posts: 1,033
Reply with quote  #2 
He certainly could seek a referral to see a pelvic floor physio given the issues started when he had a hip accident.  Nerves within the pelvic floor can be triggered due to incident so it would be worth seeing someone to get further investigation.  A good physio can also provide information/treat using the TENS treatment which will help with OAB symptoms.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This Forum is provided by Bladder Health UK and is intended as a place for Sufferers of Interstitial Cystitis, Bacterial Cystitis and Over Active Bladder, together with their family & friends to gather, online in a positive exchange.

BHUK is not a medical body & do not claim to have medical knowledge. It is not the intention of BHUK to provide specific medical advice, but to provide users with information to better understand their health & to manage their suffering.

Specific medical advice will not be provided & BHUK strongly advises that you consult your GP/Consultant/Urologist for professional advice.

We would hope that users of these forums will conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner. Any conduct not consistent with this standard will be deleted immediately and the poster may be restricted and/or terminated without warning.