Sign up Latest Topics

  Author   Comment  

Posts: 92
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone, I recently posted about me thinking I could possibly have a biofilm infection so i booked to see the prof in June. I have thankfully managed to get a cancellation and will be seeing him end of April. My question is .. I was hoping to ask for a CT scan on nhs. Can private urologists refer you for further treatment on the nhs ? As i dont want to he paying for any of that privately as its far too expensive. Another question whilst I am posting do anyone have experience of Lyme disease ? I can't help but think I have this along with my neurological symptoms that could be causing my bladder issues.
Thank you

Posts: 207
Reply with quote  #2 
I have never heard of a urologist referring you
for a CT scan for IC . It's usually a cystoscopy they want you to have .

Posts: 92
Reply with quote  #3 
Hey I would never have a cystocopy. Ct scans can also be used to detect certain problems so they sometimes like to do one of them :)

Posts: 43
Reply with quote  #4 
I saw a gp, an NHS and private urologist and then prof.

My gp did usual urine checks, blood tests and ultrasound.

NHS urologist told me not to eat onions and sent me on my way... useless.

Private urologist sent me for an MRI, swabs and cystoscopy. I don't recommend a cystoscopy if you are already in urethral pain.

All came back normal.

Prof looked at my pee under a microscope and it was full of pus cells; I have had no further tests since then.

Hope this helps.


Posts: 92
Reply with quote  #5 
Wow l8tti, can't believe you had no answers prior to the prof. How are you feeling now ? Are you symptom free ?

Posts: 22
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi, I had a kidney CT scan through the NHS plus an ultrasound and three cytsocopys (don't have them) just as my first investigations. Their diagnosis narrow urethra. I then had a dilation (widening of the urethra) when that failed to ease my symptoms they diagnosed over active bladder which they insisted I had for three and a half years. Until, of course I saw Prof who diagnosed Chronic embedded infection.

Hope you get answers at the end of the month.
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This Forum is provided by Bladder Health UK and is intended as a place for Sufferers of Interstitial Cystitis, Bacterial Cystitis and Over Active Bladder, together with their family & friends to gather, online in a positive exchange.

BHUK is not a medical body & do not claim to have medical knowledge. It is not the intention of BHUK to provide specific medical advice, but to provide users with information to better understand their health & to manage their suffering.

Specific medical advice will not be provided & BHUK strongly advises that you consult your GP/Consultant/Urologist for professional advice.

We would hope that users of these forums will conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner. Any conduct not consistent with this standard will be deleted immediately and the poster may be restricted and/or terminated without warning.