Sign up Latest Topics

  Author   Comment  

Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #1 
I have recently started treatment with Professor ,** and need to update my travel insurers (I have a yearly policy), my previous diagnosis was Interstitial cystitis which they covered at a very low cost with no issues, does anyone have any experience getting cover for a biofilm infection, I am worried that they wont understand what I am talking about and try and load the policy thinking if it is an infection I may need hospitalisation, which I have never needed.

if anyone has got cover, what did you tell them, I don't want to explain it the wrong way and be unable to get cover.

EDIT..Mod removed Profs full name as per forum rules.

Posts: 1,164
Reply with quote  #2 
Those with Chronic UTI usually cover it using IC with acute infection flare ups. Otherwise you could state recurrent UTI infections. Just avoid anything with the wording Chronic in it otherwise insurers run for the hills.

Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for that, I will call them tomorrow and update them.
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This Forum is provided by Bladder Health UK and is intended as a place for Sufferers of Interstitial Cystitis, Bacterial Cystitis and Over Active Bladder, together with their family & friends to gather, online in a positive exchange.

BHUK is not a medical body & do not claim to have medical knowledge. It is not the intention of BHUK to provide specific medical advice, but to provide users with information to better understand their health & to manage their suffering.

Specific medical advice will not be provided & BHUK strongly advises that you consult your GP/Consultant/Urologist for professional advice.

We would hope that users of these forums will conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner. Any conduct not consistent with this standard will be deleted immediately and the poster may be restricted and/or terminated without warning.