Sign up Latest Topics

  Author   Comment  

Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone

Does anyone know (or could recommend) a practitioner for food allergy / intolerances in Devon - or even Cornwall or Somerset?

I have been diagnosed with Painful Bladder / IC and I am having no luck controlling the symptoms with diet.  I am also on amitryptyline.  I am just wondering if there is something else going on with my daft body and my diet that is not helping the IC.


Posts: 428
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Laura,

Do you have Irritable bowel syndrome type symptoms along with the IC - if so then there could be some kind of dysbiosis going on which will impact on the bladder. In turn this can cause allergies through a thing known as intestinal permeability or "leaky gut".  Worth researching this. I am sorry I do not know the Devon/Cornwall area but you could try looking up alternative doctors/nutritionists as they can often look at allergy.
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This Forum is provided by Bladder Health UK and is intended as a place for Sufferers of Interstitial Cystitis, Bacterial Cystitis and Over Active Bladder, together with their family & friends to gather, online in a positive exchange.

BHUK is not a medical body & do not claim to have medical knowledge. It is not the intention of BHUK to provide specific medical advice, but to provide users with information to better understand their health & to manage their suffering.

Specific medical advice will not be provided & BHUK strongly advises that you consult your GP/Consultant/Urologist for professional advice.

We would hope that users of these forums will conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner. Any conduct not consistent with this standard will be deleted immediately and the poster may be restricted and/or terminated without warning.